Care of Synthetic (Non-Soluton Dyed) Fabrics
No matter how soundly constructed an upholstery fabric may be, it will not wear well if it is not cared for properly. The following care practices are key:
- Regular vacuuming and dusting removes loose dirt before it becomes embedded in the fibers.
- Spills should be blotted immediately.
- A non-aqueous spot dry cleaner can be used for emergency cleaning on oil-borne stains.
- A professional upholstery cleaning service should be called in regularly to ensure that the fabric will achieve a maximum life span.
- A professional cleaner should use dry cleaning solvents containing chlorinated hydrocarbons that remove dirt and stains without shrinking or discoloring fibers.